Followers

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Father's Day

Update: My card was randomly chosen for the prize at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog. Thank you so much to the sponsor Digi Play Ground. I am excited to pick something off my wish list from this store :)

This week over at Fantabulous Cricut the challenge is father's day.
 
Challenge #253 - Celebrate Dad-create a card or project for Dad
 
This week over at Cardz 4 Guyz the challenge is texture. Hopefully my embossing, pattern paper and twine give this card enough texture to qualify. 

I need to make four cards for my hubby and three grandpa's. Here's what I created for my dad. He's the kind of guy that calls fathers day a hallmark day, love me all year long not just one day a year.

I used a new to me cartridge in Design Space. It's called Simple Holiday Cards. I used a base cardstock of light blue and ran it through the big shot with an embossing folder. Cut out the card front using a piece of SU Adventure Bound paper. Added some twine and done. :) Perfect quick card that the kids can write on an mail to Gramps.

6 comments:

  1. We all need quick and easy cards at times, I'm sure your kids will love making this card. Super textures with the embossing folders. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, and proof that quick and easy needn't mean boring. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick and easy, what could be better when it turns out great like this? Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific Father's Day card! I really like the touch of twine and clean design. So glad you shared your creation at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great design and the twine finishes it perfectly.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete