Followers

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Coasters

I have a small pet peeve... water glasses left on end tables, coffee table, kitchen counters, everywhere...

My hubby has a small pet peeve... loosing that water glass to the dish water when he was going to use it again.

I needed to find a solution to help this situation. I decided months ago to create coasters using my cricut explore. I'm happy to say that today these coasters are FINALLY COMPLETED! They will sit on our counter above the dishwasher. The deal is that if an empty cup is on the coaster, I promise to leave it there. I will refrain from putting it in the dishwasher. Fingers crossed I can control my OCD and leave them there. Hubby is home from work tomorrow so we will see how it goes...

Wanda Tensen's photo.

I wanted to personalize these plain black coasters I purchased at Michael's. So I picked a photo for each family member of something they love. Hubby loves biking and I love my Cricut, an on going joke is every time he gets a new bike he jokes that he still has not spent as much on biking as my craft room. Cut each out on Cricut Silver Vinyl that I received in the bundle with my Cricut Explore last July. I added cork to the back side (using liquid glass) to protect our counters. Sprayed them outside using a lacquer spray. I wanted to have a hard sealed top to keep the vinyl down when water drops hit the tiles. I tried a few different ideas before settling on the lacquer spray. I am very happy with how these turned out and that I get to cross this off my unfinished project list.

I am entering this over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge (anything goes) in hopes that I win the gift card to Verve Stamps. I absoletly love Verve stamps and have a few that are on my wish list.

Have a great a day! and thank you so much for stopping by my crafting space today.

2 comments:

  1. Wanda those look great!!!! It totally captures your family in a nutshell!!!!! Great job my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea Wanda! These coasters look fabulous! thanks for sharing with us at FCCB!
    Have a lovely day!
    DT Member~Liz

    ReplyDelete