Followers

Monday, October 29, 2012

Christmas Joy

I don't know about you but I "collect" Christmas paper. I will buy a sheet here and a sheet or two there. Over the years I've got quite the collection. My problem is I've been collecting greens and reds and our house is decorated in blues and silver for the holidays so I find that I'm not using the paper in my scrapbooks.

So I decided to use some up on cards and gifts this year. I've made 8 cards using various dsp and will use the same paper to cover empty pringle containers that we will fill with cookies for friends.

Ok so here's the tri-fold card.
Supplies used: DSP unknown vendor, white cs, Spellbinders to cut shape out. Slap stick Christmas Joy stamp. Gumball Green ink from SU, three gems on the swirls of the stamped image.
 
 And here's an open view

Instructions: (for you and myself if I want to recreat these next year.) Take a 12x12 sheet of dsp. Cut at 5.5". Score at 2",4",8" and 10" and crease your score lines. Turn your paper and score at 2.5" at the top and bottom of sheet. Cut the paper from the 4" score line to the 2.5" marker on the left. That triangle will then be fliped over and glued to the bottom right corner of the card. Repeat this for the other corner. Cut the paper from the 8" score line to the 2.5 marker on the right. Flip that triangle over and glue to the bottom left of card. The white cards stock inside is 3.25 x 4.75. Tip for the shap on the front, apply adhesive to the bottom left of shape so that the card can be opened fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment